Friday, September 24, 2010

These Walls Won't Ever Break My Heart

Welp (yep. welp.) Another unplanned early morning here in Slap(town). I couldn't tell you how long I have been tossing and turning in my bed trying to fall back into my amazing slumber. And what do I do? Roll over, flick the lamp on, reach for my laptop underneath the bed, open the screen, and pull up a word document. I am going to write. No surprise to me. Now as I stare at this screen. I am not sure what I am doing. I have no thoughts to put down. Or do I? Will this just be a meaningless jumble of words put together in atrocious fragments and run-on sentences bad enough for any English professor to fail me over. Yes. I will keep typing and typing as I sit here, i Tunes up in my room. . . My room. I love this place. My haven through time. With me for years and years and they have been through just as many changes as I have right along beside me. Furniture arrangements galore. New furniture in, old out, and old back in again. My bed. Ah I am now resting on my very first "big girl" bed (as I like to call it). I received this queen bed for Christmas last year, up until then, I always, ALWAYS had a twin bed. From pink walls to purple, blue, and green, to it's now more sophisticated dark grey. Countless phone conversations have occurred within these walls. Some that I can't and will never be able to recall and others that were so much more important and life changing. These walls have been my most faithful companions through the years. These walls wont ever break my heart, or ignore me, or run away. Yet. They will eventually crumble to pieces right along with me. But that's it- these walls won't be there with me when it happens. It's coming to that point. To begin saying my goodbyes to these companions. As faithful as they have been to me, now I must find new walls to share life with. But they no need to fret. I will most certainly be seeing them from time to time. And rest assured. They will never be strangers. Forever the Sickest Kids, "Whoa Oh!" was just chosen by iTunes. Breakfast anyone?

Love,
My Stream of Consciousness

No comments:

Post a Comment