Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Shaky First Steps

Well, Blog World, it has been a while.

I have embarked on a new adventure in my life, because everyone needs adventure right?

Yesterday was my first official step on my journey through school at the University of Alabama- a shaky and quite disastrous first step called orientation- where the introduction was the football pump up video; I'm here for school, not football. I could spend a good while here at my computer talking about the problems I had with orientation, but number 1: I'm tired of talking about it, and number 2: I'm sure no one wants to read my cry baby comments. For justification purposes I will say that, after 3 hours of deliberation with my advisor I had a grand total of one class on my schedule last with school starting the next day, and ended up having to write a letter to the Dean in order to be a registered full-time student. Everyone in the Communications building knew who I was today to say the least, and greeted me with a warm welcoming hug and an apology. So I am very excited to say that I am now enrolled in 15 hours worth of classes (5) and things are rolling (no pun intended- get it? Roll Tide). With THAT being said, I find it almost perfectly fitting that my last official day as an enrolled Auburn Montgomery student to be the day that Auburn brings home the National title. So here's to a big War Eagle as I begin my education at the University of Alabama.

Classes:
Intro to Information Highway: An easy A class
Intro to Telecommunication and Film: This will easily be my favorite class this semester
Critical Decision Making: you know
Business and Professional Communication: I will end up getting the most out of this semester
Black Women's Stories: We read books written by African American women and talk about it. "That's all I have to say about that." -- Forrest Gump

No comments:

Post a Comment